Two Rescued In La Crosse Apartment Fire

Sunday, February 23rd, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Two Wisconsin residents narrowly escaped with their lives on Saturday after an apartment fire took place in downtown La Crosse.

According to WEAU, La Crosse fire crews responded to the scene on Saturday at around 7am. Evacuations had taken place before fire crews arrived, though two people in a 3rd story apartment had to be rescued by firefighters amidst flames.

The fire had been contained to the single apartment. The building was eventually cleared of smoke hours later. Crews say the cause of the fire was an unattended pot on a stove.

Additionally, neighboring complexes received minor building damage.

Comment on this Story

Join the conversation! All fields are required, but your email address will never be published or shared. Your comment will be held for moderation before posting.