46° and Clear at 10:23am in Pine City

Duluth Ice Arena Evacuated Due To High Carbon Monoxide Levels

Thursday, November 8th, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Last night a Duluth ice arena was evacuated after high carbon monoxide levels got several people sick.

Duluth fire officials said early Thursday the suspected causes of the carbon monoxide are the aging heating system at the Fryberger Arena and the propane-powered Zamboni there.

According to authorities, emergency responders evacuated about 30 people Wednesday night. Elevated blood levels of carbon monoxide were found in eight people who complained of headaches and nausea. Only one person was taken to the hospital.

Comment on this Story

Join the conversation! All fields are required, but your email address will never be published or shared. Your comment will be held for moderation before posting.

*