Isanti Man Facing Assault Charges In Connection With Alleged Stabbing

Wednesday, August 8th, 2012 at 7:49 am

An Isanti man is facing second degree assault charges in connection with a July 14th stabbing.

According to the Anoka Police Department, the victim told officers he was celebrating his birthday at an Anoka bar with friends, and they left the bar so one of the girls he was with could meet up with her boyfriend at the dam in Anoka. While at the dam, the girl started to argue with her boyfriend, 20-year-old Cody William Johnson of Isanti.

The victim told police he went up to the couple to make sure everything was OK, and he said he was hit by Johnson in the upper right area of his stomach. As he looked closer, he realized he had been stabbed.

The victim was brought to mercy hospital.

If convicted, Johnson faces up to 10 years in prison and up to $20,000 in fines.

Comment on this Story

Join the conversation! All fields are required, but your email address will never be published or shared. Your comment will be held for moderation before posting.

*