36° and Overcast at 3:22am in Pine City

Faulty Propane Tank Sends 13 People To Hospital

Saturday, January 28th, 2012 at 9:41 am

A faulty propane tank is likely the cause of the carbon monoxide fumes that sent 13 workers to the hospital in Jackson County on Thursday, according to authorities.

Authorities were called to Chippewa Bi Products near Alma Center on Thursday, after a report that at least one worker had passed out. Emergency responders determined that there were many people who may have been overcome by the fumes.

The Eau Claire Leader-Telegram says nine of the victims taken to Black River Memorial Hospital were treated and released. The rest were transferred to other facilities.

Comment on this Story

Join the conversation! All fields are required, but your email address will never be published or shared. Your comment will be held for moderation before posting.

*