41° and Overcast at 6:15pm in Pine City

Apartment Fire Damages Building In Chippewa Falls

Thursday, January 5th, 2012 at 8:16 am

Fire crews responded to an apartment fire in Chippewa Falls Wednesday. Crews say the blaze started in a second floor apartment on High Street.

Apparently a woman was cooking when grease started on fire in her kitchen. WEAU reports that the structure sustained heavy smoke and heat damage on the second and third floor but thankfully, everyone is accounted for.

Residents from six of the apartments have been displaced. No word was given on if or when they will be allowed to return.

Comment on this Story

Join the conversation! All fields are required, but your email address will never be published or shared. Your comment will be held for moderation before posting.

*