28° and Snow at 8:14pm in Pine City

Charges Filed Against Barnum Man For Large Marijuana Grow

Wednesday, December 28th, 2011 at 7:30 am

In Pine County, charges have been filed against the man accused of operating a large marijuana grow out of a commercial building in Askov. Keith Kevin Carlson faces two charges stemming from his arrest on Nov. 29 after the Pine County SWAT team raided a hidden room in the building and discovered 187 marijuana plants in various stages of growth. The two counts, for possession and sale of marijuana, carry penalties of up to 40 years in prison and $500,000 in fines.

According to the criminal complaint, some of the plants were very large, even up to “five feet tall with large buds on them.” Officers also found equipment used to grow the plants, including “large grow lamps hanging from the ceiling, power ballast, timers on all the outlets, large water tubs under tables, water pumps, drying racks, tables set up containing zip lock bags with marijuana in them, an air scrubber near the ceiling and a large digital scale.”

The criminal complaint states that Carlson admitted he was responsible for the operation of the grow, and said he was selling approximately a quarter-pound of marijuana a week to an individual in the Twin Cities. Carlson was arrested at his home in Barnum, where law enforcement officers also found 140 more plants bringing the total number of plants seized to 327 with an approximate weight of 30 pounds.

The criminal complaint states that Carlson said the grow in Askov had been active for approximately three months.

1. PC MOTHER 12/28/11 at 10:39am

Instead, why don’t we make this legal and let the State reap in the revenue in tax money. I’d much rather see child abusers, and killers in jail than peaceful pot growers!!

2. Al 12/28/11 at 6:39pm

Another dangerous criminal of the streets. Wounder who snitched him out? Sixteen yrs. for burglary and rape, looking at forty yrs. for growing some plants.

3. derek 12/30/11 at 7:08pm

I know the Barnum Man; who has a PHD in THC. He’s one of the nicest people you could meet and I was shocked to find out he was growing marijuana. Wink, Wink,

I’m proud to call him my best friend. He is a good citizen in every way, except he grew marijuana. It’s too bad he got busted, but I’m happy to see he is getting his 15 minutes of fame.

He can be proud of his ability to run a successful business; He was always honest with the people he dealt with. His Mission Statement was to give people more than what they paid for.

He can be proud that he stopped terrorist from selling to at least a small portion of the community and instead of the money being shipped out of the country, he put the money back into the local economy

I’m glad he did his part to overgrow the government.

I could go on about all the benefits of legalizing Marijuana, but most of us know what they are, and I am tired of making the same statements over and over with no results.

I’m tired of having so few people showing up at pro marijuana rallies. I’m also tired of showing up at a rally where there is only a hand full of people over 30 and maybe only a couple of people my age, which is 58.

Please help overgrow the government and vote for legalization of marijuana.

4. Fool 01/4/12 at 12:42pm

I agree with PC Mother, after all it is legal in other states.
    Alaska
    Navada
    New Jersey
    Oregon
    Rhode Island
    Vermont
    Washington
    Time for all of USA to join in and legalize it.

5. PC MOTHER 01/5/12 at 11:14am

I’d much rather focus our law enforcement and legal attention on child abusers, rapists and other violent offenders. Let the peace lovers be!

6. joann carlson 08/26/12 at 5:33pm

im proud to say this is my father in law he is a nice man and would give his shirt off his back to anyone why dont we go after real drug dealers