28° and Snow at 8:19pm in Pine City

Cole Grants Rooftop Permit To Santa Claus

Friday, December 16th, 2011 at 1:29 pm

The Pine County Sheriff’s Office has issued the required permit for Santa Claus to land on rooftops in Pine County. Although the permit has been issued, the Pine County Sheriff can make no guarantee that a rooftop landing will occur, as that is based entirely on who has been naughty and who has been nice.

1. Concerned 12/17/11 at 4:53pm

Thank you Sheriff Cole for your support of the holidays and seeing that our children in Pine County can rest assured Santa is welcome here. I’m suprised though that Commisioner Hallan didn’t try to stop this as he does for most things you try to do for the people of the county (Hinckley Station, More deputies within budget, etc..). He would want to revisit your radical concepts of granting something good for the people at little to no cost, discuss it to death and then convince the other commisioners it was not fiscally responsible then have it voted down. Again THANK YOU SHERIFF COLE, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

2. Santa Supporter 12/19/11 at 8:48am

OMG! I haven’t heard if Burnett Co. has done their permit. Please tell Sheriff Roland when you talk to him for the weekly report! Or we could be in a heap of trouble! wink:)

3. Not Anti-Santa, but . . . 12/19/11 at 9:06pm

Hey, “Concerned”, way to douse out the Christmas spirit by taking a fluff news piece and turning it political. Now I guess I’m compelled to respond. I’m no big fan of Steve Hallan, but we don’t elect our county commissioners to be rubber stamps for the sheriff. If Commissioner Hallan asks tough questions as to why the Sheriff wants to do certain things, I commend him for doing so, especially in regard to creating a new county sheriff’s office in Hinckley. The county seat is Pine City, and I would expect commissioners who represent the Pine City area to ask questions about the cost and to fight to keep northern commissioners from parceling out county operations to other areas of the county. Well, except for Commissioner Pangerl, who’s a lackey for Sheriff Cole.

4. Defender 12/20/11 at 7:40am

Hey No Anti-Santa, But…..

If you don’t know the facts, then don’t spout your mouth. Have you partaken in any county meetings where the Hinckley police station has been discussed? I’m from the North and know for a FACT – COMMISSIONER PANGERL is the ONLY NON LACKEY on that board. Furthermore, if Commissioner Pangerl was a lackey of Sheriff Coles – then the station would’ve been approved at the last board meeting, BUT it wasn’t!! DING DING~~~

Commissioner PANGERL is a TRUE LEADER and does only what makes financial sense – the Hinckley station doesn’t pencial and will become an additional cost/burden on the county and that is why COMMISSIONER PANGERL, I beleive, according to the hinckley paper stated we can fix the travel time/cost with technology and equip our squad cars with computers verses maintaining another county building.

Commissioner Pangerl can you move up north and represent us?

5. PineCoResident 12/21/11 at 9:49am

For all the negative and political comments above I think you all need a dose of CHRISTmas spirit. It was a sweet story, but you all ruined it with your bantering…you should be ashamed!! Think of the true meaning of CHRISTmas, which is through the children’s eyes and spirits.

6. christmas time! 12/21/11 at 10:17am

This is a Santa story for the kids try keeping the political junk out of here!! Enjoy the holidays :)

7. Not Anti-Santa, But.... 12/22/11 at 6:18am

Dear Defender -

I want to weigh in a final time. You are correct and for this I am truly sorry. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!