Senator Klobuchar Wants 2C-E Drug Banned

Sunday, March 20th, 2011 at 8:39 am

U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar is looking to ban the drug that left 10 people hospitalized and one person dead last week. The drug, 2C-E, was ingested by the 11 young adults at a house party on Wednesday night in Blaine. It resulted in the death of 19-year-old Trevor Robinson, of Coon Rapids. Authorities say that although 2C-E is not specifically listed as a “Schedule 1″ controlled substance, it is similar enough that it should be considered illegal.

21-year-old Timothy Lamere was arrested for allegedly purchasing, possessing and providing the drug, a synthetic hallucinogen, at the party. He is in custody on third-degree murder charges. Klobuchar said adding 2C-E to the list of banned substances would make it easier to prosecute down the road and would send a clearer message to the public about what it is. She intends to work with Republican Sen. Charles Grassley of Iowa this week to add 2C-E to her bill.

3 Comments

  1. John 03/25/11 at 4:19am

    And where does this one death in thirty years of 2c-e being available leave alcohol and tobacco? 1 death in 30 years sounds like a pretty solid track record of safety. I wonder what’s really going through these politicians heads. Do these people they know what they are getting themselves into? Making virtually harmless drugs illegal and subsequently ruining the lives of hundreds of thousands of otherwise responsible, law abiding citizens by turning them into criminals for an offense no worse than intensive chemical assisted psychotherapy or a bout of telepathy with your friends and your surroundings? These people must have so much karma bottled up that even the slightest hint of something that might crack their bottles sends them into fits of defense. I’m sorry this kid died by being irresponsible and overdosing on a drug that up until this point has never caused any deaths whatsoever… now it’s our turn to pay for it.

    May God help us.

  2. Ricky Prindle 05/9/11 at 9:09am

    i am all for this drug 2c-e being banned in the us I live in oklahoma and 1 of my friends died and 7 others where hospitalized becouse thay took this 2c-e that was bought off the internet from china i wont this drug made ILLEGAL NOW

  3. wolf 05/17/11 at 8:39am

    the oklahoma deaths were almost certainly caused by bromo-dragonfly misrepresented/mislabelled as 2c-e. it is unfair to put the blame on a less harmful drug because they didn’t take appropriate measures to ensure they had the correct product. i am sorry for you friends death, but it could have bee avoided had he of not assumed what he bought were correctly labelled.

Comment on this Story

Join the conversation! All fields are required, but your email address will never be published or shared. Your comment will be held for moderation before posting.