Intoxicated St. Cloud Man Breaks Into Restaurant to Get Something to Eat

Sunday, February 27th, 2011 at 12:15 pm

A St. Cloud man broke into a restaurant, where he is an employee, on Friday and tried to make himself some chicken wings.

According to police, 21-year-old Michael Mogen of St. Cloud broke into the Pizza Hut that he works at, on Friday. The alarm was set off, and when police arrived they found the back door open. They found Mogen inside of the Pizza Hut trying to fry some chicken wings. Mogen also threw marinara sauce on the wall. He then registered a 0.22 blood-alcohol content, almost three times the legal limit to drive. Mogen was taken to the Stearns County Jail where he was held on suspicion of third-degree burglary.

1. local please 02/28/11 at 2:05pm

I guess news is news, but there is a serious lack of LOCAL news on this website. It used to be filled with stories from local school board and city council meetings but no more. What happened? Please get back to local news and pictures and not ones that are just copied from google. Redrockonair.com used to be a site worth looking at, now its just news copy and pasted from other sources. Come on, the area deserves better coverage than this!

2. jesse 02/28/11 at 9:12pm

Just like anyone, I’m open to criticism. Your comment is duly noted.

3. Please Local 03/1/11 at 10:29am

This is a great story. Why dont you make some news and get drunk and break into our local pizza hut?? Dont you get sick of reading about our beloved tribe in hinckley and all of the crime they create. I like some different news once in a while.

4. jesse 03/2/11 at 10:01am

Thanks for the support Please Local… although we don’t want anyone looting PC’s Pizza Hut. I did want to mention that I had a discussion with Pine City Schools Superintendent Dennis Fischer at the Dragons game last night, and we will be adding him as a regular guest to discuss ongoing issues with the school board like Local Please was hinting at.

We realize that some things may have changed over the past year with the website and the stations, but we are doing our best to cover the nine counties in our listening area.

Jesse

5. Pine City Resident 03/7/11 at 8:02am

I agree Local Please….this website and radio station has nothing to offer anymore. Perhaps it is because of the change over from the Nov elections. Its very clear bias is being portrayed across all media venues in Pine City. Thats OK, the citizens spoke and will continue to. At some point, others will have to jump on board as well. Thanks Jesse for connecting with the school district and having Dennis Fischer as a guest speaker. Perhaps you could have city council and county board members take turns being guest speakers as well to update the citizens of happenings at the pine city and pine county levels.

6. jesse 03/7/11 at 9:48pm

PCR, thanks for the input. I love the open dialogue on this thread. If you haven’t noticed, I’m not the kind to shy away from criticism. This is unchartered waters for me personally, and I’ve taken 6 months so far to familiarize myself with PC. You will be pleased to know that, starting this Thursday, we will have Pine County Sheriff Robin Cole on for a Sheriff’s report during the 7 am hour with Mike and myself. Similar city council and county board member announcements are in the works… SO:

I hope you all are enjoying the extensive high school sports coverage, because for a one-man news team (with 6 counties to cover) it’s a real big task to cover SPORTS and NEWS. Let me stress, my family has loved the transition to Pine County and I really hope to be here a while.

One question though… what’s my media bias? I’ve had people on both the right and the left of that accusation.