36° and Partly cloudy at 12:46am in Pine City

Woman Receives Minor Burns In House Fire, Chisago Lakes Home Destroyed

Monday, December 20th, 2010 at 6:43 am

The home of Karen Nelson in South Chisago Lakes Township caught on fire on Saturday, Dec. 18 as the result of a gas powered clothes dryer igniting.

Nelson received minor burns from the incident and was transported to the Fairview Lakes Regional Hospital in Wyoming.

The Chisago County Sheriff’s Office received a call around 6:15 p.m. that evening, and fire departments from Lindstrom, Center City, Shafer, and Scandia all responded to the home located on Olympic Trail. The fire was eventually stopped, but a statement released by the Sheriff’s office states that the home is a total loss.

Comment on this Story

Join the conversation! All fields are required, but your email address will never be published or shared. Your comment will be held for moderation before posting.

*