North Branch Police Arrest 8 On Counterfeit Charges
Eight people have been arrested in North Branch on misdemeanor and felony level counterfeit charges after several fake $100 bills were passed to local area businesses.
On Friday, Oct. 22 the North Branch Police Department responded to Burger King to investigate a counterfeit $100 bill that received by a counterperson. After obtaining information about the incident, North Branch police officers located and stopped a vehicle containing the suspect involved and several other people.
During the investigation, officers learned that the group had also spent these fake bills at several businesses at the North Branch Outlet Mall.
The eight individuals arrested are:
* Kenneth Jordan, (31) of Brooklyn Center, MN
* Damon Gunn, (24) of Chicago, IL
* Shakisha Martin, (35) of South Bend, IN
* Monique Banks, (30) of Minneapolis, MN
* Rashu Smith, (33) of South Bend, IN
* Montrea Wade, (28) of South Bend, IN
* Darnell Jackson, (29) of Chicago, IL
* Jarika Studway, (19) of Minneapolis, MN
Deputies from the Chisago County Sheriffs office and Officers from the Wyoming Police Department assisted in the investigation.