School Back In Session, Drive With Awareness
Tuesday, Sept. 7 is the first day of school for students across the state of Minnesota. As a result, drivers need to be on the lookout for students walking on foot and for school buses.
Extra vigilance is in order for drivers in insure total safety. Remember:
1. Police will ticket drivers for speeding in a school zone.
2. Police will ticket drivers for distracted driving (cell phone texting, etc.) as well.
3. It is illegal to pass a school bus that is stopped while children board.
4. Buses stop at all railroad crossings.
5. Children are often playing around school grounds, and near crosswalks, so drivers should be aware.
Police say each year accidents happen across the state of Minnesota that could have been avoided, so drivers are advised to be aware.