Natural Gas Leak in Mora

Wednesday, June 23rd, 2010 at 11:49 am

The city of Mora had a potential disater on their hands on Tuesday. A contractor that was working on the 500 block of Watkins street, accidentally sliced a gas line, causing the area to be evacuated and blocked off.

Mora Mayor Greg Ardner says that it was about a one inch gash to the pipe and as a result caused the pipe to leak.

Various utility companies from the area helped with getting the situation under control. By 2:30pm on Tuesday afternoon the leak was properly fixed and everything was back to normal.

Comment on this Story

Join the conversation! All fields are required, but your email address will never be published or shared. Your comment will be held for moderation before posting.