37° and Clear at 7:39pm in Pine City

P.C. Schools “As Prepared As Can Be” for H1N1

Wednesday, August 19th, 2009 at 5:25 am

Schools across the country shut down for days at a time last year at the threat of the H1N1 virus.  With the new school year just weeks away, administrators are making sure they have plans in place in case of another outbreak.  Pine City High School Principal George Johnson says his school is as prepared as possible.

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Johnson says that the Federal Government is recommending schools not to shut down classes when they have a report of H1N1 among students and staff.  Students who contract H1N1 are advised to stay home for seven days.  Johnson says response to H1N1 is one of the main concerns with parents heading into the school year.

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Last year,  the district had no cases of the virus. There were probable cases of the disease in Isanti and in July two people died from H1N1 in Minnesota.

Comment on this Story

Join the conversation! All fields are required, but your email address will never be published or shared. Your comment will be held for moderation before posting.

*