Man Critical After Motorcycle Accident in Isanti

Monday, June 22nd, 2009 at 6:00 am

An unidentified 50-year-old man from St. Michael is in critical condition following a weekend accident in Isanti County.  The crash occurred Saturday afternoon around 4:15 p.m.

The St. Michael man was driving a Harley Davidson motorcycle southbound on Highway 65 at Isanti County Road five. A pickup truck driven by Neil Hvidston, 29, was heading in the same direction.  According to the Minnesota State Patrol, the man driving the motorcycle slowed suddenly.  Hvidston was unable to stop in time and collided with the bike.

The driver of the motorcycle was transported to the hennepin medical center in Minneapolis.  The Isanti County Sheriff’s Office and State Patrol responded to the scene.

1. cheryl hartman 06/22/09 at 2:01pm

My husband and I saw this seconds after it happened. We too were riding. Our prayers are with this man and his family. Would love to know how he is doing.

2. Friend 06/23/09 at 4:18pm

I am a friend of this man. I have heard from mutual friends that he is pretty beat up, but should pull through this with a LOT of TLC. My prayers go out to him and his family.

3. Commuter 06/24/09 at 7:30am

Prayers go out that he will recover. I do wish that some of the motorcylists would exercise more caution. Especially on the freeway. I get passed by cyclists all the time, that must be going well over 85 and weaving in and out of traffic. With all the debris on the freeway, I can’t understand how some motorcyclists can dare to ride like that.

4. JONATHANREESE 07/30/09 at 2:59pm

HE WAS PRONOUNCED BRAIN DEAD ,A DEAR FRIEND

5. Lady Motorcycle Rider 01/13/10 at 1:52pm

I would like to respond to comment from Commuter 6/24/09 & Jonathanreese 7/30/09:
    First Comment respone: not ALL of us who ride motorcycles DO NOT ride like our hair is on fire; so please use caution when you include “cyclists” in your comment!
    Second Comment response: He is ALIVE AND DOING WELL, please make sure your facts are correct before you place comments on a web page for all to read.
    thank you for hearing me out!