DNR seeks comments on environmental assessment worksheet for Rush Creek habitat restoration project
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is accepting public comments until March 11 on an environmental assessment worksheet (EAW) that was prepared for a project to restore a portion of Rush Creek in Rush City, Minn.
The worksheet evaluates the environmental effects from a DNR proposal to restore and stabilize a portion of Rush Creek upstream of a dam that failed in 2003.
A copy of the EAW is available online. Additional copies may be requested by calling 651-259-5156.
Public comments on the EAW will be accepted during the 30-day public review period from Feb. 9 to March 11.
A copy of the EAW is available for public review at:
* DNR Library, 500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN 55155
* DNR Regional Headquarters, 1200 Warner Road, St. Paul, MN 55106
* Minneapolis Public Library, Government Documents, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55401
* Rush City Public Library, 240 W. Forth St., Rush City, MN 55069
* East Central Regional Library, 244 S. Birch St., Cambridge, MN 55008
The EAW was published in the Feb. 9, EQB Monitor. Citizens may submit comments on the EAW no later than 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 11, to the attention of Randall Doneen, DNR, 500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN 55155-4025.
E-mail comments may be sent to email@example.com with “Rush Creek EAW” in the subject line. If submitting comments electronically, include your name and mailing address. Written comments may also be sent by fax to 651-297-1500.