37° and Clear at 8:18am in Pine City

Man Suffers 1st and 2nd Degree Burns in Rock Creek Fire

Tuesday, January 20th, 2009 at 10:07 am

An unidentified man in his early 50′s was hospitalized this weekend as a result of a Saturday morning fire in Rock Creek.

Rush City, Pine City and Braham Fire Departments responded to the scene. The fire engulfed the home which is a total loss.

Rush City Fire Chief Bob Carlson says the fire was caused by a chimney fire and arson is not suspected in the case. The man suffered first and second degrees burns, but Carlson says he is recovering. No one else was in the residence at the time of the blaze.

The units recieved the call around 2 a.m. and left the scene four hours later.

Comment on this Story

Join the conversation! All fields are required, but your email address will never be published or shared. Your comment will be held for moderation before posting.

*