Fire Ruins Grasston Garage and Vehicles

Wednesday, January 14th, 2009 at 2:35 pm

100_1527A garage in Grasston is a total loss after a Wednesday morning fire. Pine City, Rush City, and Braham Fire Departments responded to the blaze on property owned by Evageline Auers on Birchview Road.

Pine County Sheriff Mark Mansavage says the fire is a result of a wood stove that was left unattended for approximately 30 minutes. There were no injuries. However, a car and truck left in the garage are also a total loss.

The Pine City Fire Department received the call around 11 a.m. and extinguished the blaze just after 1 p.m. Arson is not suspected in the case.

1 Comment

  1. WHAT IS THE CORECT TIME 01/15/09 at 8:21pm

    THE TIMES DON’T MAKE SENCE .
    IT TOOK 13 HOURS TO EXTINGUISHED IT??

Comment on this Story

Join the conversation! All fields are required, but your email address will never be published or shared. Your comment will be held for moderation before posting.