[Update] Charges Filed in New Years Day Stabbing

Monday, January 5th, 2009 at 2:52 pm
Teri LaSarge and Dain Quick

Teri LaSarge and Dain Quick

The two individuals accused of an alleged stabbing New Years Day in Sandstone appeared in Pine County Court for the first time, Monday afternoon.

Teri LaSarge, 20, from Sandstone faces a pair of assault charges. She faces one count of first degree and second degree assault. Bond is set at $100,000. LaSarge asked for a reduction in bond because she has a five-month old child. However, the request was denied.

First degree assault carried a penalty of up to 20-years in prison and/or a $30,000 fine. Assault in the second degree is punishable by ten years in jail and/or a $20,000 fine.

LaSarge allegedly stabbed Wah Bin Mi Gi Si Penie Robertson, 21, from Duluth in the neck on Grace Lake Road in Sandstone.

Dain Quick, 23, from Pine City faces aiding an offender and firearm alteration of serial number charges. Bond is set at $10,000.

Aiding an offender carries a three year prison sentence and/or a $5,000 fine. Firearms removal or alteration of serial numbers is punishable by five-years in jail and/or a $10,000 fine.

Both were granted public defenders. Quick says he has been unemployed for four or five months. He previously served as an assistant manager at the Dairy Queen in Hinckley. LaSarge, a former Hole in the Wall employee in Danbury, has been out of work since August.

According to the criminal complaint, LaSarge, Quick and Robertson celebrated New Years at Wild Waters in Danbury, Wisconsin. After watching the ball drop, they continued the celebration at a Sandstone residence. There, LaSarge and Robertson got into a physical altercation that lasted about five seconds according to statements from Quick and Robertson.

The complaint further states that Robertson and LaSarge had another confrontation outside the residence, where the alleged stabbing took place. LaSarge told police she does not remember the alleged stabbing because Robertson attacked her. Robertson told investigators that the incident happened so quickly she does not remember the stabbing, but recollects putting snow on her neck to stop the blood.

Robertson was taken to the home of a Mille Lacs Tribal Officer and Mille Lacs Director of Public Safety who kept pressure on the wound until medics arrived. At the time, Robertson was unconscious. She was airlifted to the North Memorial Hospital in Duluth and listed in critical condition. Robertson’s condition has since improved.

Officers conducted a search warrant at Quick’s residence on January 1st. There they discovered a .380 caliber semi automatic pistol with the serial number filed or ground off. Officers also discovered a bag of LaSarge’s clothes, that Quick told police she took off because they were covered in blood.

A dive team located the knife allegedly used in the incident, in the river near the bridge on Highway 48. They were unable to retrieve the knife due to heavy current and depth of the water.

LaSarge and Quick are due back in court on January 14th.

1 Comment

  1. wahbin migisi robertson 01/10/12 at 1:51am

    The officers trying to take credit say they have saved my life. my childhood friends tom snyder and his sister angela snyder are th ones who held me outside of the tribal officers residence. they held a towel on my neck to stop the bleeding while the officers were inside fearing i would die under their watch just wanting to get paid for their so called services.

Comment on this Story

Join the conversation! All fields are required, but your email address will never be published or shared. Your comment will be held for moderation before posting.