36° and Clear at 3:55am in Pine City

Fire Damages North Branch Residence

Wednesday, September 24th, 2008 at 5:12 am

North Branch Police and Fire Departments believe clothes in a dryer may be the cause of a fire, Tuesday, at 38975 Fourth Avenue in North Branch. Both Units responded to the structure fire around 10:45 a.m.

Officers say upon arrival smoke was visible coming from the upper level of the residence.  Owner, June Martinson, was not home at the time of the structure fire. The fire started on the first level near the laundry room, this according to the North Branch Police department.

One woman was outside the residence when the rescue units arrived, but no one was injured in the blaze, which damaged the home. The lower level of the home suffered water damage. Authorities will continue to investigate the case.

Comment on this Story

Join the conversation! All fields are required, but your email address will never be published or shared. Your comment will be held for moderation before posting.

*